You may need to take orders and accept payments more traditionally: mobile payment processing, even if there are more options than ever to accept credit cards for your business
A payment service or a merchant account provider is required to accept credit card payments over the phone. A virtual terminal can be set up for you to accept mobile payment processing on your desktop computer, smartphone, or tablet; if you have an electronic point-of-sale system, you can also accept phone payments using this method.
Is it possible to take card payments over the phone?
Yes, and it’s the preferred choice of many. When it comes to business, over mobile payment processing is a great option:
- The customer does not come to you or your store in person if you run a remote or delivery-based business.
- There is no time to receive immediate payments or meet consumers at a later date because you are always on the go.
- With a bank transfer or check, you and the customer would desire a faster processing time.
- Do not carry or have cash on you at all times.
- You want to safeguard your business by requiring customers to put down a deposit upfront.
Many clients would rather speak to a real person before handing over their hard-earned cash and want to use mobile payment processing. For customers who have inquired about your products, it is also easy for them to pay right away. In addition, if mobile payment processing implies that the customer receives their goods sooner, that’s a major advantage.
A virtual terminal is required for proper mobile payment processing. In any location and at any time, you can use this capability to manage transactions without a card reader.
Is it safe to take payments over the phone?
Yes, as long as you follow the proper steps.
When it comes to accepting mobile payment processing, the biggest danger is not adhering to PCI DSS compliance. To sum it up, your agreement to accept, store, process, and transfer cardholder data safely and securely is what this term refers to.
If you don’t follow the rules, your company may be subject to fines, thus you should always double-check your work. Choose a payment provider for mobile payment processing who will take care of the compliance chores for you, complete with a virtual terminal. Simple errors, honest mistakes, and conflicts are all taken care of by Square.
How to take payments over the phone:
Taking mobile payment processing is easy and safe if you follow these basic steps:
- Go to Square Dashboard and login to your virtual terminal.
- From the menu, select ‘Make a Payment.’
- Call the customer and get their credit card information.
- Fill out all payment fields.
- Ask the customer to double-check the information.
- Press the ‘Charge’ button.
- The transaction is completed.
The funds will be credited into your account the following business day and you can then do whatever you want with mobile payment processing.
Keyed in payments in POS App:
The Square POS App may prompt you to make mobile payment processing while you’re at the register. While they’re in the store, you may have to manually key in their card details if, for some reason, they forgot their card at home. As with Square Virtual Terminal, the steps are straightforward:
- Enter the customer’s purchase amount or add the items they are purchasing.
- press “Charge” and choose “Manual card entry” as your payment method
- Charge the customer’s credit card by entering the card information.
All-in-one Square POS solution allows you to take card payments, gain sophisticated sales data, and manage your workforce with ease. Take a closer look at Square POS.