POS software is the technology used in conjunction with point-of-sale hardware, such as a card reader affixed to a mobile payment processing, to process and monitor purchases, maintain inventory, save customer data, interact with systems and databases, and a number of other purposes. The most common format is a smartphone or web app. While these products are free payment processing, they do come with a number of restrictions. In the “freemium” approach, you can utilize the free version of the POS software and then upgrade to a paying plan.
How to Get a Free Point of Sale System?
With free POS software, you won’t receive all the bells and whistles. You should instead purchase a functional, user-friendly solution that allows you to accomplish simple things like zero-cost credit card processing. As a result, we’ve put together a list of the best free point of sale systems.
Square: Overall the best free POS system
- The entire POS system is completely free.
- Plug-in card reader for free.
- Online store that you can use for nothing.
- Flat-rate processing that is clear and transparent.
- Use square payments must
Features of the Free Square POS System
It’s no surprise that Square is the dominant player in the point-of-sale market. This free POS program offers a slew of useful functions, such as:
- Inventory control and management.
- Management of a group.
- Gift cards delivered electronically.
- Weebly hosts this simple web store.
- Ordering through the internet.
- Order manager for orders to be picked up by a third party.
- Square Appointments is an optional add-on (free for one user).
- Sales analytics and reporting are essential.
The cost of the hardware
Square will provide you with a zero fee credit card processing, So you can upgrade to a contactless reader, terminal, or registration for $49-$799, depending on your needs. In addition, hardware bundles are available for purchase.
Imonggo: The best free payment processing for small businesses
- System of free retail POS
- Inventory management is available for free
- Customer service is always provided at no cost to you
- Free payment processing for non-profit
- Limit of 100 items
- A monthly volume of 100 transactions
Features of Imonggo POS Software that Are Free
Imonggo is a free web-based retail POS system for smaller retailers. Among the software’s highlights are:
- Keeping track of inventory
- Employee supervision
- Purchasing and sourcing
- Setting up a multitender
- Reports on sales and inventory
The cost of the hardware
Imonggo is a web-based app that works on any device with internet access. Apps for Android and iPad are also available. However, Imonggo is compatible with a wide range of credit card readers, slice credit card processing, receipt printers, barcode scanners, etc.
Loyverse: For multi-location businesses
- Same as free payment processing
- Options for free kitchen and customer showcase
- Free multi-site management
- Live customer chat
- Employee management isn’t free
- Extra for advanced inventory management
Features of Loyverse Software
Loyverse is a free app that turns your phone or tablet into a POS system. Loyverse has many unique features not found in other free POS software. Notable features:
- the management of multiple stores
- Keeping track of stock
- controlling the flow of products through the company
- Program to reward customers for staying loyal to a brand
Loyverse Hardware Cost
Loyverse works with a variety of devices, including printers, barcode scanners, and terminals. The Loyverse website sells compatible devices ranging from $19.99 and a tablet holder to $439 for a printer and cash drawer set.